Sunday, June 08, 2003

Ocean's Eleven

I don't know exactly why I like this film so much. Maybe because it's smart and fun and it never stops. Maybe because the plot is so intricate (So when did they actually blow up the vault? How did all the bags of money get moved out? How did they fake Carl Reiner's character's attack?). Maybe because of its humor ("Ted Nugent called. He wants his shirt back."). Maybe because it just seems like the actors were having a lark and it shows on-screen. Maybe because it's nothing like what Steven Soderbergh did in his early career (this is the same guy who did Sex, Lies and Videotape?). Heck, maybe you should just go see it. Enjoy. And if you figure out the plot twists in the last 10 minutes of the film, shoot me an email. This is my second time seeing the film and I'm not exactly lying awake nights to figure it out, but man, I've never seen a more complex heist plot.

year: 2001
length: 116 min.
rating: 3.5
IMDB link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0240772/combined

No comments: