Friday, May 23, 2003

Sex and the City

Can't believe I'm reviewing this, right? I admit I'm hooked on this show and have been anxiously awaiting the fourth season DVD release. (Not having cable stinks sometimes.) It's hard to explain what I like so much about the series. There's nothing deep or particularly thoughtful in it -- just a bunch of well- dressed New York single women in their 30s trying to find guys. Maybe I like that because it's an HBO show it never has to be vague about sex. Maybe I like the dresses and the shoes and the hairstyles. Maybe I just think it's fun. Yeah, that's it! It's fun, it's naughty and it's easy on the eyes. And don't watch it alone -- it must be giggled over with girlfriends while drinking Cosmos.

years: 1998-2004
length: seasons 1-4 on DVD, season 5 in play, season 6 picked up
rating: 3.5
IMDB link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0159206/combined

No comments: