Monday, March 10, 2003

Space: 1999

Jim's direct quote: "This is the most boring TV series I've ever seen." Yup! You know how some things hold up from your childhood: Pippi Longstocking, Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Beatles? Well, this ain't one of 'em. I had to watch this particular episode again because as a kid I remember having nightmares (for months!) about the monster in the episode, and I wanted to see if it was still scary. Nope! The worse-than-cheesy effect is a monster made out of long fleshy-looking tentacles with a bright light in its middle. It sucks people in and spits out their charred bodies. For a 9 year old, this was terrifying. Watching it now just made me laugh. Poor Martin Landau, stuck in a sci-fi vehicle that is so yawn-inducing, I wonder now how I actually kept awake to watch it in 1975.

episode: "Dragon's Domain"
year: 1975
rating: 1.5
IMDB link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072564/combined

No comments: