Wednesday, February 05, 2003

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind

I wobbled between a 3.0 and a 3.5 on this one, but thought that George Clooney did such a nice job as a first-time director, particularly in terms of color and mise en scene, that I ought to give him the higher mark. As I watched it, I gathered that Clooney was subtly (or deliberately, it was hard to tell) making fun of Chuck Barris (host of The Gong Show and supposed CIA hit man). And, really, by the end of the movie I was convinced that he'd never done any of things that he purports to have done. The film's story line says exactly the opposite, which is why I think it's subtle. Of course, it has Sam Rockwell in it, and any movie with Sam Rockwell in it is a cut above, in my book.

year: 2002
length: 113 min.
rating: 3.5
IMDB link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0290538/combined

No comments: